Promoting Education and Attainment of the Highest Level of Knowledge and Understanding of Clinical Neurophysiology
The International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) has member societies in 62 countries. The IFCN mission is to promote best practice in clinical neurophysiology through education and research throughout the world. And our vision is to improve healthcare worldwide by understanding the nervous system and optimizing the diagnosis and treatment of its disorders through clinical neurophysiology.
The International Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ICNS) (for members from non-affiliated countries) is a member society of IFCN as approved by the General Assembly of the IFCN in August 2008.
The ICNS is a professional association dedicated to fostering excellence in clinical neurophysiology and furthering the understanding of nervous system function in health and disease through education, research and the provision of a forum for discussion and interaction.
The Society promotes membership to individuals who either come from countries who do not have affiliated societies, or who not qualify to belong to existing IFCN member societies. For a more detailed outline on the ICNS please read the Constitution for Membership.
The purpose of the Society is to:
- promote personal contact between investigators and clinical neurophysiology and closely related fields, between the society and other similar societies through the world through the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology, thus facilitating exchange of scientific and professional information and opinions;
- further the greater understanding and knowledge of clinical neurophysiology and disorders for which it is applied;
- arrange for the exchange of journals or other written materials in these fields;
- assist in the formation of committees for evaluation of standards, techniques, procedures, education, training or qualification of physicians or technologists; and
- achieve high standards for clinical practice of clinical neurophysiology
President and Secretary: Doctor Renato Verdugo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Professor Aatif Husain, email@example.com
Membership to the ICNS is on an individual basis. Please note that if the country in which you reside and practice clinical neurophysiology has a society, you should first attempt to apply for membership with the society prior to applying for membership with the ICNS.
Membership is based on a four year commitment and is USD $16.00 (i.e. USD $4.00 per annum) and when joining your membership will begin from the point at which your fees have been paid in full and not from the point the application has been received. Once you have paid your membership fee of USD $16.00, your membership will commence.
Membership benefits include:
- The ability of the members from non-affiliated countries to participate fully in the international activities in the field of clinical neurophysiology
- Ability to apply for IFCN Fellowships for young investigators where applicable to specific to IFCN related regional and worldwide events where applicable
- The ICNS and its delegates will be kept informed about international developments, and are consulted on IFCN activities and policies including its regional and worldwide congresses. This includes development of policies regarding journal, website, handbook, guidelines and standards, training qualifications, equipment standards and so forth.
To apply for membership, please complete the attached membership form and return it to the ICNS President Doctor Renato Verdugo, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your application has been approved, you will be requested to make payment of the membership fees. Once received, your membership will be activated.
ICNS Statutes and Bylaws