Promoting Education and Attainment of the Highest Level of Knowledge and Understanding of Clinical Neurophysiology
The International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) has member societies in 62 countries. The IFCN mission is to promote best practice in clinical neurophysiology through education and research throughout the world. And our vision is to improve healthcare worldwide by understanding the nervous system and optimizing the diagnosis and treatment of its disorders through clinical neurophysiology.
Would you like the IFCN to financially support your meeting?
Support for courses and most scientific meetings is the responsibility of the Chapters, and requests for financial assistance should be directed to the relevant Executive Committees. However, the IFCN Executive recognises that some scientific meetings cross Chapter boundaries or may fall outside the purview of Chapters, and it is prepared to consider providing limited financial support for up to 2 scientific meetings/year, using the following principles:
- The meeting may be in any area of clinical neurophysiology, but preference will be given only to cutting-edge topics in growing areas of the specialty. Within any one 4-year cycle, support will not be provided for more than one meeting in the same general area.
- So that the benefits of the meeting are available more broadly, to members of all IFCN societies, the Organisers should include plans for some enduring material. One possibility will be a manuscript for publication that will describe a new synthesis of information or will develop a new guideline. Another possibility would be that the Organziers will commit the participants to contribute substantial reviews based on their presentations to “Clinical Neurophysiology” within 3 months of the meeting. Submitted reviews will be subject to full peer review and those accepted will be published together as a named section in one of the monthly issues of the journal within 12 months of the meeting. As a guide, such sections can contain 6-12 review papers, each of normal article length, and this might then occupy 50-70% of the relevant monthly issue. The Organisers will be asked to provide an Editorial Overview of the contents of the special section. The Organisers of sponsored meetings will be required to correspond with the Editor-in-Chief firstname.lastname@example.org about these arrangements.
- The meeting should involve invited speakers from more than one chapter. The total sponsorship monies provided by IFCN will not exceed USD 40,000, and requests for USD 10,000 will generally be preferred.
- The meeting will be known and advertised as sponsored by the IFCN, and, if the IFCN is the major sponsor, as an “IFCN Meeting on …[topic]…”
- A draft program and full budget along with the goals of the meeting and the plans for enduring material will be the basis of the application for funding.
- Applications should be submitted to the IFCN Secretariat email@example.com.