UPDATED September 10, 2021
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You?
For general website visitors: IFCN does not collect any personal identifying information from users just browsing our website. Our server recognizes your domain name and the pages that you visit. These data are gathered in an aggregate manner for quality control, statistical purposes and improvement of our site. This information is never forwarded to any third parties and we do not use any online tracking or interest-based advertising cookies or web beacons.
For IFCN Members, and other customers: Any personally identifying information collected from you is used to fulfill a specific service or contractual agreement such as webinar registration, abstract submissions and payments, dues renewals, or purchase of IFCN products and services.
- To gain access to the member-restricted information, members are asked to provide their email address and password. Within your IFCN profile, you may choose to provide us with additional personal data at your discretion, such as name, demographic information, employer, phone number, and location data. You can control how much information you choose to share with us.
- To gain access to the registration and customer management system, users are asked to provide their email address and to create a password in order to setup an account to process registrations. Within your customer profile, you may choose to provide us with additional personal data at your discretion, such as name, demographic information, employer, phone number, and location data. You can control how much information you choose to share with us.
- If you use our Member networking site, Community Brands, you may choose which data is shown to other Members and may also post information, opinions, photographs, video, images, graphics, and other content or materials of any nature (collectively, “Materials”) within that application. You have control of who sees this Material through your use of the privacy settings available through the site. If you choose, the Materials will be viewable by other users.
- Any personally identifying information collected from you when you apply for a IFCN award is used to fulfill the specific purpose of providing staff contact methods to reach you regarding the status of your application, and for the awards review process to differentiate between applicants. Any required application materials (CV, recommendation letters, etc.) are only shared with the committees responsible for reviewing and selecting award recipients.
How Will Your Information Be Used?
IFCN uses information specifically for the purpose of monitoring or improving the use of and satisfaction with our website and services. IFCN is committed to taking all reason able measures for safeguarding the personally identifiable information that you choose to provide to us for any purposes other than outlined in this document.
IFCN will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collect it unless we reasonably believe that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. We will notify you prior to any additional processing.
Legal Basis for Using Your Information
IFCN will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We may use your personal data in order to perform the contract we entered with you. If you failed to provide personal data required to perform the contract, we may not be able to perform the contract and we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. IFCN may use your personal data based on your consent. By providing IFCN your personal information, you are actively agreeing to interact with us, though IFCN membership and/or other events and services and giving us consent to use your personal data. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us. Please remember that withdrawing your consent does not remove the legal basis to use your information to perform the contract where applicable.
Disclosure to Third Parties:
- IFCN makes member contact information available through the online IFCN Membership Directory Online only to other members logged into the website.
- IFCN Headquarters staff use your email address to respond to your request(s) and to relay membership communication such as Officer and Bylaws ballots, and important membership correspondence.
- IFCN may share limited personal information (first and last name) with our contracted hotel partners for our Congress. The information used solely to audit our room blocks to ensure attendees receive the discounted hotel room rate. IFCN never shares any other personal information other than your first and last name with our hotel partners.
- IFCN uses third-party service providers to process administrative tasks for certain activities, each who have their own privacy policies:
How Long Will Your Data Be Stored?
Responses To Legal Requests
IFCN reserves the right to share your information to respond to duly authorized information requests of governmental authorities or where required by law. IFCN will ensure proper communication with regulatory authorities to ensure privacy.
Do We Employ Cookies?
How Can I Control My Information?
You can control the information we have about you and how we use it in several ways:
- If you are a registered user, you can review, revise, and correct the personal data that you have provided to IFCN via your YourMembership account;
- If you have received an unwanted email, use the unsubscribe method provided in our various communications and/or manage your subscription preferences online; and
- If you no longer wish to interact with IFCN and want your personal information deleted, you can make a request by contacting us by email or as outlined below. IFCN will delete your personal information and maintain your participation information in an anonymous fashion, so that any data we hold about how you have interacted with IFCN in the past will be made anonymous.
IFCN is headquartered in the United States and your personal data may be transferred to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. For the European Union users, the European Commission has approved the use of model contract clauses as a means of ensuring adequate protection when transferring data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By incorporating model contract clauses into a contract between IFCN and the third-party processors that IFCN engages, your information can be protected when transferred outside of the EEA to countries which have not been deemed by the European Commission to adequately protect personal data, including the United States.
- Access: You may receive information about our processing of your personal data and a copy of your personal data.
- Correct: You may request us to update or correct inaccurate data we have about you. You can also do this by accessing your information as described above.
- Delete: You may ask us to delete your personal information. See above for more detail.
- Opt-out: You may change your subscription setting at any time and stop receiving any direct marketing communications as described above.
- Transfer: You may ask us to transfer your personal data in a machine-readable format to a third party of your choice.
- Restrict: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances.
- Object: You may object to our reliance on our legitimate interest as the basis of our processing if you believe it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Complain: You have a right to submit a complaint to the supervisory authority in the Member State in which you are located. The list of Data Protection authorities and their contact information are available on the European Commission’s website.
Links To Other Sites
Acceptance Of Conditions
Our mailing address is:
555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3823
United States of America
- Personal information. Any data about an identified or identifiable individual, including data that identifies an individual or that could be used to identify, locate, track, or contact an individual. Personal information includes both directly identifiable information such as a name, identification number or unique job title, and indirectly identifiable information such as date of birth, unique mobile or wearable device identifier, telephone number as well as key-coded data.
- Third party. Any legal entity, association or person that is not owned by IFCN, or in which IFCN does not have a controlling interest.
- International Intellectual Property and Copyright laws protect all materials contained on the IFCN website. ‘Material’ includes all text, graphics, icons, photographs, software, audio, and video. Permission is granted to download, copy, or print material for personal, instructional, or noncommercial use.
- Information contained on our website does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology. Information found on the IFCN website should not be relied on as medical, legal, business, or tax advice.
- The IFCN website provides hyperlinks to external sites for the convenience of our visitors. Such a hyperlink doesn’t imply that the IFCN endorses the content or operation of external sites. You are solely responsible for how you use any external site linked from this website.
- The laws of the State of Wisconsin and the United States of America apply, no matter where this website is viewed. Any suits filed against IFCN must be filed in the state of Virginia.
Give Us Your Feedback