International Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ICNS)The ICNS is a professional association dedicated to fostering excellence in clinical neurophysiology.
The ICNS is a professional association dedicated to fostering excellence in clinical neurophysiology and furthering the understanding of nervous system function in health and disease through education, research, and the provision of a forum for discussion and interaction.
The International Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ICNS) (for members from non-affiliated countries) is a member society of IFCN as approved by the General Assembly of the IFCN in August 2008.
The Society promotes membership to individuals who either come from countries who do not have affiliated societies, or who do not qualify to belong to existing IFCN member societies. The ICNS’s aim is to complement the purpose of the IFCN which is to foster excellence in clinical neurophysiology.
The purpose of the Society is to:
- Promote personal contact between investigators and clinical neurophysiology and closely related fields, between the society and other similar societies through the world through the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology, thus facilitating exchange of scientific and professional information and opinions;
- Further the greater understanding and knowledge of clinical neurophysiology and disorders for which it is applied;
- Arrange for the exchange of journals or other written materials in these fields;
- Assist in the formation of committees for evaluation of standards, techniques, procedures, education, training or qualification of physicians or technologists; and
- Achieve high standards for the clinical practice of clinical neurophysiology.
Membership to the ICNS is on an individual basis. Please note that if the country in which you reside and practice clinical neurophysiology has a Society, you should first attempt to apply for membership with the Society prior to applying for membership with the ICNS.
Membership benefits include:
- Ability of the members from non-affiliated countries to participate fully in the international activities in the field of clinical neurophysiology.
- Eligibility to apply for IFCN Fellowships for young investigators, as well as scholarships and awards to participate in IFCN-related regional and worldwide events.
- Registration discount for the International Congress on Clinical Neurophysiology (ICCN), held every two years.
- ICNS members are kept informed about international developments and are consulted on IFCN activities and policies including its regional and worldwide Congresses. This includes development of policies regarding the IFCN Journals, website, handbook, guidelines and standards, training qualifications, equipment standards, and so forth.
Membership is based on a four-year commitment and is USD $16.00 (i.e., USD $4.00 per annum) and when joining, your membership will begin from the point at which your fees have been paid in full, and not from the point the application has been approved.
To apply for membership, please complete the membership form and return it to IFCN, email@example.com. Once your application has been approved, you will be requested to make payment of the membership fees. Once received, your membership will be activated.