Congratulations to the 2022 IFCN Education Fellowship Winners
Public Aid Hospital of Gaza
Gaza Strip, Palestine
National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery
Mexico City, Mexico
Caucasus Medical Centre
Regional Clinical Center of Neurosurgery and Neurology
Douala General Hospital
Songinokhairkhan District Health Center
Cuban Center for Neuroscience
2023 fellowship opportunities will be announced in early 2023. Interested applicants may review the 2022 eligibility criteria for reference. Full 2023 eligibility criteria and application requirements will be released in future and the information below should be used for reference only.
2022 IFCN Education Fellowships
The 2022 Education Fellowship application period is now closed, and we thank all the applicants for their interest. Decisions were announced August 30, 2022.
The International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) is proud to support our education fellowships, awarded annually to support training in clinical neurophysiology for applicants without access to similar training in their home country. The maximum award for each fellowship is $25,000 for one-year fellowships, with proportionately less for shorter fellowships.
2022 Eligibility criteria:
- Member of an IFCN member society, or the International Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ICNS) for members from non-affiliated countries
- Applicants with a minimum of 2 years in core medical training (e.g. neurology, rehabilitation medicine, clinical neurophysiology) are preferred
- Intent to return to their country after the period of fellowship
- There are no age limits
- Scope and period of training:
- Any field of clinical neurophysiology including general or specific/specialised techniques for which training opportunities are not available in their own country
- Applicants are encouraged to identify training centres within their own Chapter when possible
- The minimum duration of training is 3 months with a maximum 1 year
- Candidates must contact the education mentor themselves and obtain permission for the fellowship. This should be negotiated prior to submitting your fellowship application to IFCN. (The mentor will be required to complete section III of the application form)
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfill the following obligations:
- Negotiate the exact dates of the fellowship with the host institution. The fellowship should be started within one year of receiving the award. This should be negotiated prior to submitting your fellowship application to IFCN.
- It is expected that the fellowship will be completed without interruption, but if special circumstances arise, exceptions will be considered.
- At the end of the fellowship, the successful candidate must provide a report within a month of completion and at one year
- The successful applicant is expected to provide future plans of how they will contribute to IFCN and their field
- The successful applicant agrees to assist and allow promotion of the award through various media outlets, including social media.
How to Apply
Applicants must complete one of the following application forms:
- IFCN Education Fellowship application form (open to all)
- IFCN Africa for Africans Awards (open to applicants from Africa applying for training at an African centre)
In addition, the following evidence is required to accompany the application forms:
- Evidence of relevant medical training
- Copy of passport or other government issued ID
- Letter of recommendation from the home institution
- Letter of acceptance from the host institution supervisor/mentor
- Certificate of membership in an IFCN member society, or the International Clinical Neurophysiology Society (ICNS) for members from non-affiliated countries
The application and all supporting materials must be submitted in English, the official language of the IFCN. All items, including supporting materials, must be submitted in full by the application deadline. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
For any enquiries, please email: Catherine Lamoureux, IFCN Program Manager at email@example.com.